In the last 12 months, have you lost weight, stayed the same, or gained weight?
How would you like to be 50 pounds lighter 12 months from now?
50 pounds comes out to about 3-5 dress sizes for you women and about 5-7 inches off your waist.
Can you imagine how you would look 3 whole sizes smaller? You’d look like a whole new, younger person.
It’s actually much easier than you think.
I’m not talking about invasive, costly surgery, dangerous pills or potions, or grueling routines.
Remember “Millionaire Success Secret #3” from may last blog post? All it takes is losing one pound each week. One measly pound.
Stick with me for a minute and I will break it down mathematically for you. In theory, a pound is 3,500 calories – spread that over 7 days and you need a 500 calorie deficit each day to lose 1 pound in a week.
Your 500 calorie deficit can be done by a combination of increased calorie exertion (exercise) as well as a decrease in calories consumed (eating less).
Follow these steps:
- First, record your normal weekly exercise – look at everything from walking to participating in sports to exercising in the gym. This is your starting point. Remember, no matter how much you ‘run around’ now, that’s your baseline to maintain your current weight. From here you’ll need to burn an additional 3,500 calories on top of your normal weekly exercise.
- If you don’t currently exercise, then any new activity will count towards your 3500 calorie weekly goal.
- Second, record your normal weekly food intake – One thing I have my Worthing Personal Training clients do is record everything that goes in their mouth. This is a real eye-opener when you see how many calories you eat in a day! Record everything honestly, since you are only cheating yourself by not recording everything. Calculate the total number of calories that you eat in an average day.
- Now divide the 3,500 calories between your activity list and your food list. You could choose to eliminate 1,000 calories each week and burn off an additional 2,500. Or you may decide to burn 3,000 calories and eat 500 fewer calories. A little tip though, unless you’re training for a marathon, burning 3,000 calories per week through exercise is incredibly unlikely!
Now, here’s 5 simple ways to cut 250 calories:
- Drink plain coffee instead of a sweetened fancy coffee drink. Flavoured coffee drinks are delicious (so I’m told, personally I hate coffee, so if you have one keep your distance…) but filled with way too much sugar. Drop 250 calories (or more) when you stick with plain coffee or tea instead of sugar-filled fancy coffee drinks.
- Just say NO! to the sugary treats! A single slice of fruitcake may seem innocent enough, besides everyone is eating them at the office meeting, why shouldn’t you? You know that all those sugary treats are packed with fat and calories. For each tempting treat that you refuse to eat, imagine the 250 calories falling off of your waistline… And then be a little bit smug about it!
- Exchange 500ml of a regular fizzy drink for water. You know that fizzy drinks are for the most part filled with tonnes of sugar… so why are you still drinking it? Every time you crave an ice cold cola picture munching on and swallowing spoonfuls of white sugar. That’s probably the easiest way to pack on the pounds! Stick with water and kiss those extra calories goodbye.
- Eat an apple instead of a cookie. Do you always go for something sweet after dinner? While your first instinct may be to reach for a cookie or a bowl of ice cream, why not consider what nature has to offer? Fruit is sweet, natural and lower in calories than traditional desserts, and coming into summer we have tonnes of lovely fresh fruits coming into season.
- Come give my fitness routine a try. I have the whole calorie-burning equation down to a science, and I’d love nothing more than to help you achieve your fitness goal. My workouts have been known to burn up to 500 calories at a time, so what are you waiting for?
Losing 50 pounds in 12 months is very possible. Simply use the tips above to create your daily 500 calorie deficit and you’ll be shedding the weight in no time.
In fact, right now I’m taking on a small group of real action takers to train and teach you how you could lose up to 28½lbs of fat in as little as six weeks. So if you want me to do the work for you, show you exactly what to eat meal by meal for the whole six weeks, and spoon feed you with what exercise to do so you can lose up to 4 inches off of your waist with only 1½ hours exercise per week, then click here to enrol on my elite coaching programme.
Although this is a very limited offer (coaching starts in less than two weeks and I only have 3 spots left), so if you want to learn how to lose 50 pounds in a fraction of the time, enrol on my elite coaching course today!