This policy has been updated and is effective from 21st May 2018.
The personal data we collect
We may collect the following personal information as a requirement for using our facility and creating a customer account with ourselves:
- date of birth
- contact information including postal and email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- emergency contact details
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
All personal data is gathered and managed under our own data protection policy.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to enable you to use the services we offer at PW Physique and Fitness. It also helps us understand your needs and provide you with a better service and particularly;
- Creating an online membership account for access to member only resources (recipes, meal plans, online workouts).
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use your contact details to inform you of changes that may affect your participation at PW Physique and Fitness. This can include changes to the timetable, classes, opening hours and checking in with you if you are absent for an extended or unexpected period of time.
- We will periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. During your registration, you have the option to not accept promotional emails about new classes or services at PW Physique and Fitness.
- To create a record on our Client Management and Booking System to allow use our studio check-in kiosk which enables us to hold a roll call of who is in the building in the even of a fire, track studio attendance to ensure you’re getting the most out of your membership with PW Physique and Fitness and to allow us to book appointments such as weigh ins, nutrition consultations and success sessions to enable us to provide you with the best service possible and to help you reach the goals you have expressed to us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Visitors to Our website
We use a third-party service Brixly Web Solutions to host our website and to publish our blog. Brixly Web Solutions is GDPR compliant.
We use standard analytics to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the site, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it.
When someone visits www.pwfit.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Links to other websites Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Emails & Updates
We use the following third-party providers, All Clients, Brixly, Clubworx, and Drip, to deliver our emails. Emails are used to inform members about changes to studio operations such as class timetables, opening hours and membership related matters. Equally, we will at times email out latest updates or services we are offering. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve this service.
We also send out regular emails which include tips, motivational and educational stories, recipes, and workouts, as well as the latest offers from us or trusted partners to members and non-members who have opted in to receive them.
People who contact us via social media
We use Facebook to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media, the message will be managed by our management team. If you wish for us to call you following a message on social media then we will request your contact details which will be added to our client management system in order for the correct staff member to be able to contact you. Your details will not be shared with or sold to any other organisations.
People who email Us
We use Brixly to host and manage our incoming emails. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Access to Personal Information
Under the data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
PW Physique and Fitness tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to PW Physique and Fitness for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in an email to email@example.com
Please mark the email as subject access request, attention of Nicola Lloyd, Data Control Officer. Any data requests will be dealt with the data controller and provided free of charge within 30 days of written request.
Job applications, CV’s and staff we employ
During the recruitment of any new staff we will only handle the relevant personal information for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format. Prospective employees – we will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for. We are required to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability. You will therefore be required to provide:
Proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- Proof of your qualifications and necessary insurance – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- You will be asked to complete a criminal records declaration to declare any unspent convictions.
- We will provide your email address
- We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references
- If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following: Bank details – to process salary payments and emergency contact details.
If you are successful, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 6 years following the end of your employment. This includes your criminal records declaration, fitness to work, records of any security checks and references. If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for 6 months from the closure of the campaign.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However, when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
This can include:
- Agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- Circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics;
- Our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and 4. How we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
Complaints or Queries
PW Physique and Fitness tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to contact Us
PW Physique and Fitness, Horton Buildings, Goring Street, Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex, BN12 5AD